Attachment is the origin, the root of suffering; hence it is the cause of suffering.”
~ Dali Lama ~
The Beauty of Non-Attachment
When you fully understand the true meaning of non-attachment:
- You relate to the world as it is; rather than to your concepts about it, which are illusions and never bring lasting happiness.
- You have clarity of mind so you’re able to see the truth of things.
- Expectations no longer rule your life.
- Your heart grows bigger and bigger as you notice all the unnecessary suffering in this world.
- You have deep courage to love others unconditionally, regardless of the circumstance or situation.
- You don’t chase after happiness. You purely enjoy it when it’s present, and let it go when it dissolves.
- You have great trust in the Universe and you allow life to unfold without needing to control every single thing.
- You feel naturally compelled to help others while you have no assumptions or expectations of the outcome.
- You see beauty within everything and accept it exactly as it is.
- You feel a great sense of trust, liberation and freedom brings genuine contentment which will never be found within temporary experiences.
We easily create attachments to people, places, ideas, thoughts, objects, stories, and our own identities. These attachment can be beautiful and amazing things, but they can also cause suffering. When you attach yourself to something which is outside of yourself, you allow that outside source to hold your happiness. The concept of non-attachment and detachment are extremely different. Non-attachment implies being part of this world, but not caught up in it. Detachment, implies withdrawing from the world, hoping to avoid its complications and to simply stop caring. When we are living in a place of non-attachment; we live with hearts that are wide open to share and to receive. Through this journey, we practice unconditional love, acceptance, non-judgement, and forgiveness.
We work to do our best in the world and to achieve all of our goals but we also keep our minds open to receive blessings from the Universe. We have courage to love and embrace the beauty of uncertainty. We understand that the outcome may be different than had hoped for, but we are OK with that since we’re not tied up in the specific results. You truly are confined by the walls you surround yourself with. Let go of any attachments, expectations, negative beliefs, or assumptions and take down the walls; liberation awaits you. Open your heart to love, magic, miracles, and unconditional joy!